According to two-time Nobel Prize winner Linus Pauling: “You can trace every sickness, every disease, and every ailment to a mineral deficiency.” Trace minerals are incredibly important for our overall health. The body requires nearly two thirds of all the elements currently known to man in order to support optimal health, cognitive function and overall performance, and keeping these minerals in balance is a complex, yet incredibly vital task. The events of everyday living demand a continual ingestion of minerals, ideally from the diet, but given current farming practices, it just isn't enough.
Traditionally, eating fresh, sprouted grains, fruits, and vegetables grown in nutrient-rich soil has been the primary supply for a full spectrum of ionic minerals. Unfortunately in today’s world, naturally occurring, nutrient-rich soil is becoming increasingly rare. Decades and decades of vegetation growth and aggressive modern farming techniques have brought many of the earth’s minerals to the surface where they have been washed away. Synthesized fertilizers are routinely applied to farms and fields where minerals have been depleted, but man-made fertilizers provide only enough mineral substance to support basic plant life.
And just like so many other areas of our health, we can achieve our goals with supplementation! Mineral Essence is a balanced, full-spectrum ionic mineral complex enhanced with essential oils. It contains sixty ionic minerals including iron, zinc, silicon, fluorine, boron, lithium, sodium, sulfur, magnesium, chloride, selenium, thallium, calcium, and potassium as well as peppermint, cinnamon bark and lemon essential oils. The addition of essential oils helps the body absorb all these ionic minerals, making them more bioavailable (and useful!) to our bodies instead of just passing through.
The following deficiencies have been linked to many health issues -- including those that affect our emotional health, -- and all of these deficiencies can be improved with Mineral Essence!
- Iron: affects around 20% women and 50% of pregnant women. Pair with Master Formula for ideal results.
- Selenium: a key component of thyroid health. Pair with Master Formula for ideal results.
- Magnesium: some sources say up to half the population is deficient in magnesium! 1 serving of Mineral Essence provides 80% of our daily magnesium requirements.
- Zinc: this mineral is used by more enzymes than any other mineral our bodies need and is used for everything from gut health to DNA repair.
LEARN MORE Mineral Essence. It makes you feel amazing and gives our bodies needed minerals. Minerals are critical to enzyme function, hormone production, bone building and breakdown, creating long luxurious hair and nails, and transmission of nerve signals.” - Dr. Lindsey Elmore
Here is a closer look at each ingredient in Mineral Essence and how it supports our system:
- Calcium: essential for healthy bones and teeth, assists in blood clotting, muscle contraction, and nerve transmission.
- Chromium: assists in the metabolism of glucose and regulates blood sugar.
- Cobalt: promotes the formation of red blood cells.
- Copper: promotes normal red-blood cell formation, connective tissue formation and central nervous system function. By storing and releasing iron, copper contributes to hemoglobin formation.
- Iodine: required by the thyroid hormone to support metabolism.
- Iron: important in red blood cell formation, energy and cognitive function.
- Magnesium: supports nerves and muscles and activates over 100 enzymes.
- Molybdenum: contributes to growth and development.
- Phosphorous: works with calcium to contribute to healthy bones and teeth.
- Potassium: regulates heartbeat, fluid balance, and helps muscles contract.
- Selenium: an essential component of a key antioxidant enzyme, also necessary for normal growth and development.
- Sulfur: required for muscle protein and helps with soft, healthy hair.
- Zinc: found in every fluid, tissue, cell and organ throughout the human body with high concentrates in the brain. Inadequate intake can affect over 200 enzymes involved in digestion, metabolism, reproduction and wound healing.
- Cinnamon essential oil: antiviral, antibacterial and a strong antioxidant. It also contains high levels of phenols – oxygenating compounds which function as catalysts.
- Lemon: promotes leukocyte production, which is an important factor in the immune system.
- Peppermint: antibacterial and a first-rate support for the immune system, also supports digestion
TO USE Take 5 half-droppers (1 ml each) morning and evening or as needed as a mineral supplement. May be added to 4-8 oz. of distilled/purified water or juice before drinking. We recommend adding to cranberry juice if needed as the supplement has a spicy, mineral flavor. Shake well before using and refrigerate after opening.
- You can also apply this to the skin or use in an epsom salt bath to allow for absorption through the skin! Note, however, that this route of administration will provide less absorption than ingestion.
Note: This product contains royal jelly, which may cause allergic reactions, especially in those with bee or honey allergies.
Join us as we use Mineral Essence this month and beyond to support overall health and wellness and feed our bodies with the good things it needs!